Friday, April 9, 2010

SendOutCards.com Review

Through Fiverr, I'm reviewing an online photo and greeting card site. I received some free cards to send out to family for doing so, and have a link for y'all to try the site for free as well. Here is the link to learn more about the site:
https://www.sendoutcards.com/cgi-bin/trncustomer.pl?more_info::

Here is the link to set up an account so you can have a free trial of the site:
https://www.sendoutcards.com/cgi-bin/trnuser.pl?socwalkthrough_start:::11888

Both my husband and I have personally used this service and were both impressed with how easy the site is to navigate (lots of tutorials that you can watch or listen to while you work, or you can pause them or turn them off completely), how quickly our cards came in the mail (3-5 days), and the high quality printing of the photos we had chosen. In a few easy (and fun) steps, we were able to upload a photo of Dax and send off "Happy Spring" cards to the grandparents. A bonus is that you can send the same card to multiple recipients at the same time.

Another neat feature is that your card comes with the sender's name and address printed on the back of the card. I don't know how many times I've thrown away an envelope, only to realize I needed that person's address later.

Convenience seems to be a key part of the company's objective for their customers because not only can you send a card of any kind to someone, you can include a gift (various items to choose from) or a gift card (but not required). I think of all the graduation, thank-you, birthday, and Christmas presents I've sent and had to pay oodles on shipping costs. I know many of my family would have loved an iTunes gift card or a card from Target or Starbucks, to name just a few.

This is a fun way to make someone's day and there are many ways to personalize your card.

The only downside I could find on the site had to do with purchasing cards beyond the free trial. You apparently have the choice of either purchasing "points" for more cards (each customization you add to your card can cost additional points), or you can purchase a set number of cards for a lump sum.

Also, you must enter your name and email, etc. to sign up but that is true of most any site these days. You can always use a secondary email account as a precaution, but so far I have received no spam from this company, only follow-up emails from a representative to make sure my cards had arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment